Luca Ellena (born 1997) lives and works in Fribourg. He studied Photography at the Neue Schule für Fotografie in Berlin (2017-2021) and holds a BA in Communication and Media Research from the University of Fribourg. In his works, he deals predominantly with the city as a place where diverse objects, forms and materials collide and with the perception and transformation of public space. His first major project Einkaufswagen was published in 2020 by KERBER and shown at Gallery Monika Wertheimer as well as at photo basel 2020 and photo basel 2021.
– 2021, Einkaufswagen, Galerie Monika Wertheimer, Basel, Switzerland
– 2021, Cats, being, not being, Me, Group Exhibition ‘FUTURO’ (with Catalogue), Fototeca Siracusana, Siracusa, Italy
– 2021, Concrete Nature, Group Exhibition ‘Changing Planet’, Michael Horbach Stiftung, Cologne, Germany
– 2021, Einkaufswagen, photo basel 2021, Basel, Switzerland
– 2021, The Division of Urban Habitat, Graduate Exhibition ‘Silver_Linings’, Neue Schule für Fotografie, Berlin, Germany
Ellena Luca, Einkaufswagen, Bielefeld/Berlin, KERBER, 2020