Born in 1981 in Lugano, during his studies in applied art Igor Ponti started to develop his research on the photography landcsape and the way it is related to human environment. In 2010 he began to describe and investigate the idea of an common Swiss identity. During these years his research moved into a more documentary approach. In 2013 he is on the recipient of the Swiss Arts Council Pro Helvetia’s grant for new talents in the field of photography. In 2014 is published by Hatje Cantz the book ‘Looking for Identity’ that in the same year he was invited to the international exhibition of photography Paris Photo Fair, for the presentation. The book ‘Looking for Identity’ was in the final selection of the New York Photo Festival 2014. In the 2016 was pubblished his third book ‘Foce’ a far-reaching investigation into an anthropic landscape.
– 2013, Swiss Arts Council Pro Helvetia, new talents in the field of photography, CH
– 2018, OMNE, Osservatorio Mobile Nord Est, Castelfranco Veneto, IT
– 2016, Arles, Voies off
– 2016, Villa Moyard
– 2015, Cons Arc Gallery
– 2014, Paris Photo Fair
– 2014, New York Photo Festival
– 2014, Verzasca Photo Festival
– 2009 Skate Generation, Fontana Edizioni, Lugano.
– 2014 Looking for Identity, Hatje Cantz, Berlin.
– 2016 FOCE, Fontana Edizioni, Lugano.