After obtaining a Bachelor's degree in Ethnology at the University of Neuchâtel, Yann took a professional photography course at the CEPV school in Vevey and graduated from CFC in 2010. He continued his photography studies by attending a further training at the School of Applied Art in Vevey, and got graduated in July 2013. Since then he has been working on different personal projects. One of his last works, Inventio, mixes his anthropological and photographic experience. On the basis of this work, he published a self-published book that was selected at the photobook award, Paris Photo / Aperture Foundation 2014. This work was also exhibited on several occasions in Switzerland, France, and Germany.
In 2017, he won a grant from the city of Geneva to develop a personal work on peasant / alternative agriculture over a period of one year. The book TINA (?) is the result of this work.
– 2014, Selected for the photobook award, Paris Photo / Aperture for the book Inventio
– 2015, Selected at the Festival Voies Off, Arles, France, Inventio and Correspondance
– 2017, Winner of the City of Geneva documentary photography grant
– 2018, Shortlisted for the Paris Photo – Aperture Foundation PhotoBook Awards for the book TINA(?)
– 2018, There is no alternative, Halle Nord, Geneva, CH, TINA(?)
– 2018, Vous êtes ailleurs, Villa Dutoit, CH, Inventio
– 2018, Plat(t)form 2018, Winterthur
– 2015, Journées Photographiques de Bienne, CH, Inventio
– 2014, Archive, The photographic body, gallery exp12, D, Inventio
Inventio, 2013, self-published, edition 20
TINA(?), 2018, self-published, edition 250