Sophie Brasey is a swiss photographer who lives and works near Vevey. In 2005, she obtained her CFC of photographer at the CEPV (Vevey) and her Bachelor in Visual Communication, Major in Photography at the ECAL (Ecole Cantonale d’Art de Lausanne) in 2009. During the same year, she won the Prix des Jeunes Talents VFG with her work ‘Made of Stone’.
Mainly directed towards the documentary aspect of the photographic medium, her work is rooted in reality, to finally move towards a more or less fantasized vision. Thus, the creative process begins with the daily observation of the human being and the scenery which he creates, he undergoes, and in which he evolves. The photographer explores the world around with an eye between irony and poetry and a singular documentary style.
– Vfg Nachwuchsförderpreis 2009/ Prix des Jeunes Talents vfg, 2009
– Eq2, enquête photographique valaisanne, 2014
– 27.06.2015 BYOB/ Bring Your Own Beamer, Nuit des Images, Musée de l’Elysée, Lausanne.
– 25.02 - 07.03.2015 Goa Photo 2015, Panaji, India
– 09.10.2014 - 01.02.2015 Rituels, NEAR, Ferme-Asile, Sion
– 02 - 17.02.2012 Do you read me??, ECAL, Elac, Renens
– 03 - 26.09.2010 Journées Photographiques, Bienne
– Jan. 2010, Helm auf! Mund zu!, Frappant, Hamburg
– May 2009 VFG Nachwuchsforderpreis, Binz 39, Zürich