Cynthia Mai Ammann (1993) lives and works in Lausanne. She graduated from the Photography School of Vevey (CEPV) in 2012 and from ECAL in 2019. Through storytelling, her work mainly reflects on notions of identity and change with an approach that oscillates between fiction and documentary. She constructs her images with a particular attention to emotions such as vulnerability and melancholy. Her ongoing series ‘Floating View’ is an immersive exploration of Saigon's cityscape in mutation. Fragmented in multiple layers of representations, the images portray a young generation melting in the ever expanding urbanisation. As a fantasized and dystopian world collapse together, the series aim to reflect on the megacities of tomorrow through the process of rapid urbanisation.
– 2019 ECAL Diplômes 2019, ECAL, Lausanne (CH)
– 2018 CREDO, Espace Arlaud, Lausanne (CH)
– 2018 Hyper Media Lab, Arles (FR)
– 2017 Corps Concept, Maison d’Ailleurs, Yverdon (CH)
– 2019, ‘Floating View’, self-published
– 2019, ‘Anna Göldin’, self-published