Carlo Alberto Rusca is born in Torino (Italy) on the 29th of June 1989. First graduated in directing and film production at the International Academy of Audiovisual Sciences in Lugano in 2013, he continued his studies at the University of Applied Sciences and Arts of Southern Switzerland (SUPSI) where, in 2014, he graduated with high honors with a thesis
in aesthetics of human bodies by experimental photography. He’s currently based in Lugano (Switzerland) and Du?sseldorf (Germany), working as freelance photographer and filmmaker. Since 2015, he’s also teaching audiovisual sciences at CSIA in Lugano. His recent work ‘Turistica’ has been selected for several national and international exhibition, among others, Vogue Italia Photovogue festival 2019 in Milan and Aperture summer open 2019: Delirious Cities, at Aperture
Foundation, New York.
– ‘Turistica’, Aperture summer open 2019: Delirious Cities - Aperture Foundation
New York (USA) 2019
– ‘Turistica’, Vogue Italia - Photo Vogue Festival: A glitch in the system - Base Milano
Milan (I) 2019
– ‘Turistica’, LensCulture Discoveries 2019 Paris Photo - Galerie Joseph Paris (FR) 2019
– ‘Turistica’, Verzasca Foto: In cammino - Verzasca (CH) 2019
– ‘Ultra Corpo ciclo 1’, 2x150 - Fondazione Archivio Fotografico Roberto Donetta (CH) 2016
– ‘Turistica’, Lensculture Art Photography Awards - winner, juror pick 2019
– ‘Ultra Corpo ciclo 1’, Monochrome Award (UK) - Honorable mention in nude 2015
– ‘Turistica’, Encontros da Imagem (PT) - Emergentes - selection portfolio prize 2019
– ‘Turistica’, Athens Photo Festival (GR) - shortlisted 2019
– C41; Fotoroom; Der Greif (guestroom); Best of LensCulture Vol. 4; Pics of the day Photovogue, Vogue Italia; 2x150 catalogue ISBN978-88-941090-6.